Web-Based Software Developer/Programmer
We are looking to add someone to our web development team who is passionate about creating elegant, robust, and scalable website solutions. You may or may not have any official training writing code, but you might just be a coding guru from all of the projects you’ve done for yourself, an employer, or friends over the years. You get excited when you find an elegant solution to a problem, and you might even have a knack for design.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Used git to merge in changes from another developer on a project you are both working on.
- Had lunch at Eskimo Joe's with the entire Juvo team.
- Visited php.net 57 times to lookup documentation on various functions. You also noticed the new php.net theme and liked it.
- Started work on a new, custom E-Commerce solution for fund raising.
- Kept track of how much time you worked on different projects.
- Helped mentor an intern web developer on implementing a custom JQuery dialog interface.
- Spent time on the whiteboard, mapping out a new user interface for selecting a unique banner image for a particular page.
- Had a discussion with a co-worker about the changing merits of Mac versus Windows over the past 20 years.
- Estimated the time it would take you to complete a website for Pawnee Nation.
- Committed updates to the Juvo Web Framework’s storefront module.
- Spent some time to browse around on the web to keep current with web development tools and solutions.
- Visited Stack Overflow to find out why fopen was not working after you properly initialized an SFTP stream with ssh2_sftp.
- Logged in to the active staging server to install the XSendFile module to evaluate if we would want to integrate it into our framework.
- Investigated and debugged an error report submitted by iShop2Support.
- Forwarded a useful link to our social media manager for us to post on our Facebook page.
- Attended a brainstorming and planning meeting on how to modify a client’s existing website to integrate with a new iOS App we are developing for them.
- Logged in to a production web server to update an SSL certificate.
Our projects are diverse, and we have a relaxed culture you’re sure to thrive in. Best of all, you will have the opportunity to join our team on the ground floor!
If we just described a job you would love, then we would like to hear from you! Please apply using our online job application at:
A Little About Us
Juvo Web is a growing web-based software development company located in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Our vision is to apply our talents and passions to meet the needs of our clients.
We know we’ve done our job well when our clients tell us things like “we heard them” or “we got them”, and that what we created for them makes their lives easier and adds value to their organizations.
At the heart of every website we create is our Juvo web development framework. Years of development and web projects in the making, the Juvo Framework gives us the ability to create custom-tailored websites for our clients more efficiently and cost-effectively. And that’s just the beginning!
We believe in serving our clients, but we also believe in serving our team. Each team member’s passions and long-term vision for their life is important to us. We want their role at Juvo to not only be productive for Juvo, but also something that helps them step into and achieve their vision as well.
We endeavor to create a productive, authentic, and relaxed culture. Whatever the case may be, we like it, and are looking for the right people to join our team and make Juvo even better!